Baker - Team Member
Summary of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for assisting PDC’s bakery manager in producing and delivering our cookies to our fans while ensuring a clean, functional work environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure and mix ingredients in order to produce cookies according to Pink Door Cookies precise standards and specifications.
- Monitor oven temperature and baking times, evaluate product against standards, and adjust accordingly.
- Keep the work environment clean, organized, and stocked.
- Provide hospitality, respect, friendly attitude towards all customers and team members.
- Receive, inspect, store, and manage inventory and other supplies.
- Receive, process, and fulfill online store and POS orders from customers.
- Manage accounts with Square, Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub.
- Keep management informed of issues and potential problems in a timely manner as they arise.
- Assist in opening and closing the store, as necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- Previous professional kitchen/bakery experience required (at least 2 years of consistent work) or degree in baking and/or pastry arts from an accredited school.
- Demonstrate basic math skills in order to properly interpret recipes and calculate yields
- Knowledge of Square point-of-sale terminal
- U.S. Work Authorization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Exceptional customer service skills and positive attitude
- Strong desire to learn the ins and outs of Pink Door Cookies and commit to the growth of Pink Door Cookies
- Obsession with punctuality and being reliable
- Passion for quality, safety, and sanitation
- Ability to follow specific instructions and produce cookies to the standards set forth by Pink Door Cookies
- Ability to work independently in a clean and organized fashion.
- Must be coachable and have a strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence and love for being creative, inspirational, and hard-working
- Positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm for community, people, and Pink Door Cookies’ values
- Must know how to use Google Sheets and Docs and Microsoft Office products.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment Conditions
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to use kitchen utensils, tools, and equipment, e.g., mixers, cutting tools, ovens, etc.
- May occasionally be required to taste and smell baked goods
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift
- Frequently required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, lift, and reach
Compensation and Perks
- $15 – $20 per hour
- PTO Eligibility after 90 days
- Employee freebies
- Fun work environment